Urogynecology is a subspecialty involving the diagnosis, management and treatment of pelvic floor disorders in women.
About a quarter of all women experience pelvic floor disorders, including:
- Urinary incontinence (Leakage of urine when coughing, laughing or sneezing)
- Overactive bladder (Spasms causing leakage with the urge to urinate)
- Bowel control disorders (Fecal incontinence or constipation)
- Pelvic organ prolapse (Pelvic organs descend into or out of the vagina when connective tissue of the pelvic floor loses strength and elasticity)
Premier Women’s Care of Southwest Florida offers a full-spectrum pelvic floor center for women’s urogynecologic needs. Dr. Cathy Dahl, who is board certified in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, has brought her years of urogynecology experience to the practice, adding to the extensive surgical experience of Dr. Blaise Kovaz, an expert in the treatment of pelvic prolapse.
The Urogynecology and Pelvic Reconstructive Surgery Center at Premier Women’s Care of Southwest Florida offers treatment for:
- Pelvic floor prolapse
- Urinary and fecal incontinence
- Urinary retention
- Painful bladder syndrome/Interstitial cystitis
- Pelvic pain
- Recurrent urinary tract infections
At Premier Women’s Care of Southwest Florida, we pride ourselves on listening to you to help find a treatment plan that meets your needs. We offer surgical as well as nonsurgical options for patients.
Some of our treatments include in-office bladder Botox and nerve stimulation therapy (PTNS) for incontinence and overactive bladder, as well as sacral neuromodulation, an implantable nerve stimulator for urinary and fecal incontinence. Minimally invasive surgical options include daVinci robotic, vaginal and laparoscopic surgery.
If you are experiencing any of the pelvic health conditions described above, don’t suffer in silence. Schedule an appointment online or by calling (239) 432-5858 today.