We strive to make this a great office experience for you. Please note that Premier Women’s Care is part of Florida Woman Care (FWC) and Unified Women’s Healthcare.
In our efforts to create a pleasant environment we have the following office policies:
- Bring your photo ID and Insurance cards to EACH visit.
- All patients are required to leave a Credit Card on file.
- Audio recording is prohibited in the office.
- A link to our on-line check-in process, Doc Response, will be sent to you via text or email. Completing this ahead of your appointment will expedite the check in process.
- Please arrive at least 20 minutes prior to your appointment time to ensure the necessary check-in routines have been fully completed.
- If you are running late for your appointment, please make every effort to contact the office to inform us. Please note that if you are more than 30 minutes late you may be required to reschedule your appointment.
- Food and beverages are discouraged in the office.
- For parents with young children, for the safety of our staff and in consideration of all our patients, we ask that children are well attended to by you during your visit.
- Silence your cell phone at check-in and upon entering the exam room areas. Please be courteous to other patients while speaking on your cell phone in the waiting room. If you need to step outside to take a call, please let someone at the front desk know in case you are called for your appointment.
- Payment is expected at the time of service. If you are unable to make a payment, please ask to speak with the Financial Counselor or Business Manager prior to your visit.
- Our office will not under any circumstances falsify or change a diagnosis or symptom to convince an insurer to pay for care that is not covered, nor do we delete or change the content in your medical record that may prevent services from being considered covered.
- There is a charge for completion of FMLA, Disability or Leave of Absence forms and for copies of your medical record. Please ask a front desk staff member for the costs associated with these.
- Premier Women’s Care offers a secure patient portal which allows you to view records and communicate with staff. Please see the section on the website regarding our Patient Portal.
- Insured patients: Insurance is a contract between you and your insurance carrier. We will file your claim, but you are responsible for the co-pay, deductible or co-insurance at the time of service. If we can verify that you have met your deductible, you will only be responsible for the co-insurance. If your plan requires authorization to see a specialist, YOU are responsible for getting the referral to our office before the day of your appointment.
- Medicaid Patients: Our practice is NOT contracted with Medicaid.
- Uninsured/Self-Pay patients: a self-pay fee schedule is utilized for patients who are self-pay. Please inquire at the front desk if you are self-pay to understand fees charged.
- Fees for all lab work will be billed separately by the respective laboratory.
- Hospital Admission related bills: our fees do not include these services or services rendered by the hospital or other attending physicians during hospital treatment or surgery, i.e. hospital fees, assistant at surgery, anesthesiologist, imaging, lab tests done while in the hospital, etc.
- Video recording is not permitted in the office.
- Patient refunds will be given for any payment that was overpaid after a claim has been processed through your insurance carrier. Any account that has an outstanding balance will not receive a refund until the account is paid for in full.
- HIPAA-There are federal and state privacy regulations that our office follows to safeguard your personal health information and any related identifiers. Please review your Notice of Privacy Practices and Acknowledgement of Receipt of this information.